Each Ray White representative is an experienced, highly trained professional. However, you can help the best salesperson perform better for you, through a few simple steps. The better presented your home looks, the better price you will achieve.
- Shampoo the carpets. You may surprised at how much more “life” they have after an extra good cleaning, and the brighter everything is the better for selling.
- Trim the lawns and gardens. This will be a prospective buyer’s first impression of your home. Make it a good one.
- A once over for the walls. Grubby little hand marks may be a fact of life but they’re some of the worst offenders in taking the edge off an otherwise attractive home. You will be rewarded!
- Check the guttering. It’s an easy point for buyers to spot so one to watch out for. Make sure there are no leaves hanging over, no peeling paint or water staining. In addition, while you’re at why not brush under the eaves for cobwebs.
- Clean out the garage and shed. They’re the places you’ve thrown things you didn’t know what to do with over the years. It makes sense to have a clean out now because good storage space is always an important selling point.
- The kid’s room. Everybody understands that kids are messy, but it’s important to make sure that there are no toys scattered around the floor.
Open the windows. The brighter the rooms the better, so always leave blinds and curtains open. Clean the windows and insect screens to let in more light.
Flowers set the scene. You put flowers out for visitors. A prospective purchase is a very important visitor.
The kitchen and laundry. Special attention needs to be paid to these areas. Clean the oven, polish the sink, and give your cupboards a spring clean.
The Ray White sign. We’ll advise you on the best location for maximum effect.